First know the rules, then DON’T break them
Here’s a strong counter-argument against the PG baseline.
For Berluti’s S/S 2014 collection, creative director Alessandro Sartori has broken every rule simultaneously (with far less talent than Lorenzo Cifonelli, who has also created provocative concept jackets in the past).
The list of sartorial sins:
1) waistcoat too short
2) contrasted milanaise
3) welted AND patch breast pocket, surrounded by purely decorative stitching
5) welted AND slanted hip pockets
6) covert coat style buttoning
7) front dart runs up through patch pocket
8) sleeves with shirt cuff
9) horizontal dart at waistline
Did I miss anything?
Reblog to vote against.
EDIT: Kudos to ivorytowerstyle.tumblr.com who spotted
10) belt loops showing with no belt